Sunday, January 01, 2006

Resolution time...

I'm not one who is really big on making New Year's resolutions -- it's just not something I see as necessary, and it's kind of dumb in my opinion. (If you can't resolve to do something any other time of the year, why do you think you're going to be able to do it in January?)

Nevertheless, I'm going to make one this year. I'm kind of going to be killing two resolutions with one stone here, given what exactly I'm planning. First, I will explain the two problems for which the resolution will be.....resolving.

First -- I work in an office. I sit on my ass all day long, so that really isn't going to be a big help to my physical well-being when I reach the age where my body decides it's time to store fat faster than a hibernating grizzly bear. Therefore, I should really consider some sort of exercise routine before I balloon to 300 pounds and am forced to get a work-from-home job since I will no longer be able to fit through my doorways.

Secondly, I download all this anime, and I haven't even come close to watching even half of it. There are shows that I keep up with on a regular basis, such as Naruto, Bleach, MAR, and several others. But there are many more shows that I am really interested in watching, but I just never get around to it.

Now, for my solution. Going to a gym is really not an option for me, for two main reasons. The major one is that I'm not paying to exercise. I'll go jogging around my neighborhood before I resort to that. The other reason is that I'm not really CLOSE to any gyms or fitness centers. I *do* live in the middle of nowhere, you know.

When my sister-in-law got a new exercise machine, she left her old one in our garage. No one is using it, and there's nothing wrong with it. (The little meter thingy doesn't work, but I wouldn't know what the hell to do with that thing anyway.) I really don't know what the machine is called, but I've tried it out before and it works fine. So, I have the equipment I need.

My plan is to bring it down here and put it in the back room of the basement. Now, the "pros" suggest an exercise regiment of 20 minutes a day, 3 days a week. The normal anime episode is 22-23 minutes long. I think you can see where I'm going with this.

I'm going to go buy me one of those little TVs with the DVD player built right into it, and three days a week I will exercise while watching a full episode of anime. This will guarantee that I will be watching at least 3 episodes a week, 156 episodes a year. Add that to the shows that I normally watch on the weekends, and it's a good schedule.

If I feel that I can go 4 or 5 days a week (or if I think I *need* that many days a week), then that's all the more anime I'll be watching.


No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...