Monday, January 23, 2006

Define "no"

Since I had the day off today, and didn't really plan on going anywhere, my mother took my car to my brother's shop for it's oil change/tune-up/3000 mile check etc. (For those of you who don't know, my brother is a mechanic and owns his own auto repair shop.)

When my mother got home evening, she declares, "You had NO brakes on that car!"

To which I reply, quite innocently, "But I was stopping..."

She found this quite humorous, which would confuse me if I wasn't dealing with my mother. She, of course, expects me to understand that she means the brakes were quite worse for wear than what is deemed safe. I know she means this of course, but I make no effort to make it known that I know she's simply EXAGGERATING, since I know the greatest way to defeat an exaggerator is to defeat their exaggerations with logic. Works everytime.


No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...