Sunday, November 13, 2005

Ride 'em, cowboy


I never liked western movies. They all look the same to me, they all seem to have no plot, and they all are set in a boring landscape where nothing ever seems to happen until the last 30 seconds where two guys shoot at each other in the middle of Dodge City on a hot, sunny day at high noon.

Thus, I wasn't thinking I would enjoy Gun very much, given that it's a western game with all the western trimmings. Well, after playing about 30 minutes of the game, I've discovered that PLAYING a western is a hell of a lot more fun than watching one. I started out very unimpressed -- the first mission consisted of hunting elk in the wild with some old guy named Ned who looked like Burt Reynolds character from Without a Paddle. After we killed a few elk, we then had to shoot the wolves that tried to eat our elk. Be still my beating heart.

After the steamship arrived, things got a whole lot better however. The next 20 minutes contained an attack by savage indians on the ferry, explosions, and gunfights. The steamship was sunk, and I was found on the shore of the river by some really ugly guy with two horses. I horse raced him for one of the horses, but of course two of his buddies showed up and it was a gunfight on horseback. Golden.

After that, I was off to Dodge City. To do what? Why, to visit a whorehouse of course. Oh, I'm so enjoying this game...

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...