Sunday, November 13, 2005

Beep, Beep!

I was at the supermarket this morning -- Nestea was on sale and I needed cat litter plus something for dinner. I was with my Mom, and we finished getting everything and checked out. (We ended up with a much more soda than we anticipated, because the sale included a free 8-pack of 12 oz. bottles as well. Gotta love Giant Eagle.)

As I was pushing the shopping cart to our car, someone parked right beside us at that moment. So, I had to go around a few cars to the empty spot behind us so I could access the trunk. It was then I realized that the person who had parked beside us was a very old woman, and at that point I knew we were in for an experience.

I finished loading everything into the trunk of our car and returned the shopping cart to the drop off area. When I got back, I saw the old woman was just starting to get out of her car. Leaving her front door wide open (meaning that my Mom couldn't get in the car because the woman's car door was in the way), the woman went over and got a shopping cart and brought it back to her car. Then, she opened up her BACK door (she now had both of her doors wide open at this point), and began putting a few black garbage bags in the cart, filled with what I would assume were aluminum cans or some other recyclable objects. It was at this point that the old woman turned around and noticed my Mom patiently waiting for her to get out of the way. She said:

"Oh dear, why didn't you just say 'beep beep!' and tell me to get out of the way?"

It took everything I had not to bust out laughing right there in the parking lot.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...