Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Ok, I admit it. Really, the only reason I'm posting a Merry Christmas blog is because I'm at work and have nothing else to do at the moment. Look, I even made the font a nice red color for the holiday.

In all seriousness, however, I would like to wish anyone who may read my ramblings a very Merry Christmas, and I wish you nothing but the best for the New Year.

With a lack of anything else to discuss and not wanting this post to be two pathetically tiny paragraphs, I'll share my holiday festivities for the next two days:

After I get off work around 5:00 PM, or earlier depending on how things go here today, I'll be headed to do the very last bits of Christmas shopping that I have to do. This equates to a stop at the liquor store for the booze I'll need for Christmas Day and New Year's Eve, including the champagne for ringing in the New Year. Then it's off to get my mother a Birthday card, that I forgot to get last night while I was buying her birthday presents (Red Door perfume and two Yankee Candles). Her birthday is December 27th.

When I get home this evening, I'll probably have just enough time to cut my hair, shave, and take a shower before we go to Christmas Eve mass. I actually have no idea which time slot we're attending -- that's my Mom's job to decide. I simply show up, heh.

Typically, we go to my brother's house after that for a Christmas Eve party, but I haven't heard any information about that this year and I suspect he's not doing it this time around. (He just went through a divorce not too long ago.) So, after Mass we'll probably head home and wrap the presents to put under the tree.

For Christmas Day, I'll get to sleep in a little before the family arrives. It'll be my parents, my brother and his girlfriend, my sister and her husband, and me initially. A little later in the day, my sisters in-laws will arrive. (Don't worry, I like them.)

We'll start with the stockings, then do the gift exchanges. Drinking will commence and Wii games will be played. Details will then be worked out for New Year's Eve, to decide if it's going to be my sister hosting, or if it'll be me hosting.

Very simple and down to earth, just the way like it.

Edit: Just got a call from my Mom that the party is on this evening.


So this is Christmas, and what have you done?
Another year over, a new one just begun.
And so this is Christmas. I hope you have fun.
The near and the dear ones, the old and the young.

-- John Lennon - Happy Christmas (War is Over)

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...