Wednesday, December 03, 2008

After a long period of inactivity, I've written a rough outline for a new story. I've had that urge to be creative again for a while now, and it's finally gotten the best of me. I'm surprised it took this long, actually, since I don't have any other outlets for this type of thing. My job is that of a problem-solver, not a creator. So my creative side is not put to any use there. I also think there is a desire to create something that I feel I have created in the best possible way. I get a little bit of that at work: I can work on a project and at the end of it feel as though I did the best job I could possibly do. But it's still work. Not much of an outlet. Then, there's WoW, the game that will never end. No matter how much I work at it, I will never be "complete", I'll never be "done", and I'll never be the "best I could possibly be".

So my desire is to have something to do where I have complete control over every aspect of it. This is where writing is the perfect outlet.



Slip out the back before they know you were there.
At the worst, you'll see nobody cares.

Slip Out the Back by Fort Minor

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...