Monday, September 29, 2008

I've been having a bit of trouble moving forward with The Witcher lately, and this is due to the current chapter of the story being overwhelmingly boring. The only thing that is keeping me going is that I know some of things that are going to happen later on, and I very much want to see those thing. The problem right now is that I'm on a very long and extended quest chain that is at the very base a detective story. I'm trying to solve a mystery, and most of my quests revolve around questioning people and looking for clues. As such, there's so little fighting going on right now that I've taken to slaughtering beggars in the street as a source of entertainment as I'm running from one suspect to the next. I also had sex with a druid, which was a strange experience to say the least.

In any case, I'm looking forward to the action picking up once I finish these blasted quests outside the city. I think I'm about at the end now, probably only one or two more interrogations to go. I think the private detective I'm working for is the culprit anyway. I hope I can decapitate him the next time I see him.

It's strange, because I generally don't mind when RPGs do this. I think the problem is that I just need to go pick up a new shooter and play that, because I'm sure that's the type of game play I've been wanting lately. I almost loaded up Half-Life 2 over the weekend, but ended up watching some Bond movies instead.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...