Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Skynet's Impending Return

It's been, what, a little over a month now? Honestly, had I known it would have taken them this long to fix my computer, I would have just done it myself; warranty or not. But alas, these are the lessons we learn.

There's one piece of information in the email I received that has me terribly worried:

Your system is undergoing the Alienware® Repair Depot Quality Control process. This
stage includes the reinstallation of the operating system, drivers and any
applications that are specific to the system you ordered.
Hm? From reading that, it sounds like they're wiping my hard drives. Why?! They replaced the POWER SUPPLY, there's no reason to do that. Needless to say, if they did wipe my drives, I'm going to have a lot of work ahead of me. Given the wording of that paragraph though, I'm hoping this was simply an automated message. "Specific to the system you ordered." I didn't ORDER anything, this was a repair job.

But anyway, the scheduled delivery date is Friday. I guess I'll find out then whether I'm going to be sifting through hundreds of discs and redownloading a bunch of shit. *Sigh*


No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...