Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A Whole New Level of Piracy

As many of you already know, I've been working on getting the complete 9 seasons of The X-Files on DVD. I'm over half-way done now, and thankfully the disks seem to be appearing on Giganews in order now, so hopefully they will continue in that manner, and I can get them ALL. Woo!

Anyway, with one of the disks that I downloaded, there was a package of DVD boxset cover images. Amazingly enough, they are made to slip into the plastic sleeve around the 8-disc plastic DVD cases that I recently bought on eBay. *GASP!* So, one day over the weekend, I printed one of them out to see how it looked. Sadly, letter sized paper isn't long enough for the covers. (For all of you out there who just screamed "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID", you can kiss my white ass.)

I then went on a search to find 37 lb legal sized paper. Sadly, I don't think it exists in nature. (Or in any office store, for that matter. Definitely not in any office store.) I had to settle for A3 sized HEAVYWEIGHT matte paper. It's a bit thicker than what I wanted (oh SHUT UP already!), but it's perfectly usable. But for those of you unfamiliar with what, exactly, A3 sized paper is, allow me to spell it out: 11.7" x 16.5"

Yeah, that doesn't fit in my printer. LOL!

The solution? Elementary, my dear readers. I simply cut the paper down to legal size before I put it in the printer. Madness you say? Well, just check out the results:




Why, yes, yes I did buy these in a store! Certainly! Would I lie??

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...