Wednesday, August 31, 2005

JOYGASM!

I'm a stats oriented person, and have a constant urge to calculate things. Therefore, the tracking feature that I have installed on my webpage provides me with hours of quality entertainment, because I can see what pages people are hitting, how often they are hitting them, how long they are staying, where they are coming from, and how they found my site.

The way it works is that there is a simple script inside the HTML coding on each and every page of my site which the main counter site uses to track my pages. Then, when I log into their website and go to my control panel, and can see all the stats.

Well, the website recently overhauled their site, and one very important button no longer existed. It was the page that listed the total hits for each of my pages. The absence of this button thus made it impossible for me to ever update the "Visitor's Top 25" page. Ever. Oh the horror! The humanity!

But I didn't lose hope. I didn't give up. I kept checking the site everyday in the hopes that one day, my magical stats button would return. And lo! Behold! Tonight, it is back, and all is right with the world. Ahhhh, beautiful, beautiful numbers.......


No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...