Monday, August 08, 2005

Utter, jeans creaming, undies soiling gaming goodness.


I get excited over games all the time. But rarely do I get *this* excited over a game. I just downloaded the single-player demo for F.E.A.R., and played a little bit of it. The question is not whether the game is good or not. The question is how much better this game is than every other game I've ever played. Yes, it's that good. It's hard to say after only playing a little bit of it, but I would say I like it better than Doom 3. And believe me, that is saying a *fucking* lot. I doubt it will be better than Half-Life 2, but I'll believe anything at this point.

The game is TERRIFYING. You start out in a dark alley full of weird noises, and things just get worse from there. A bloody skeleton here, a weird figure moving in the darkness there, a scream over there. Classic jumping-out-of-your-seat-and-landing-in-a-pile-of-poo scaryness. The graphics? They had my jaw hanging down around my pasty white ankles. This game has THE best shadow effects EVER! Better than Doom 3. Half-Life 2 had shadows like this, but that game didn't USE them like this. I turned a corner in a game and shot at the wall because I thought it was a monster. It was my SHADOW! Brilliant!

So, if it happens to be October 11, 2005 and I'm no where to be found, you'll know why. It's F.E.A.R.'s release date, biatch!


No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...