Monday, August 01, 2005

Hell's a long way. Make it come to you!




If there's one thing I've noticed about first person shooters, it's that they have a favorite genre in which to base their games. And that genre is "Hell Unleashed". I have played more computer games that revolve around Hell than any other genre. The most famous example of this, of course, is the whole string of Doom games. Painkiller is another good example, which I just beat the other night.

Since I couldn't get the Painkiller expansion pack to work (at all!), I've moved on to a BRAND NEW game that features.....what else?........demons, zombies, and the usual hellspawn! The name of the game is Hellforces. The game started out rather slow -- as fun as hacking zombies to pieces with a butcher knife may sound, it really wasn't. I craved REAL weapons. Then, I got my hands on the .357 Magnum, and life was bliss once again with the one-shot-kill-rain-of-death that I began handing out to the hordes of shambling zombies trying to nibble on my cranium.

The graphics are not top notch -- I would call them average at best. But the rag-doll physics are great. It's a blast watching zombies go flying backwards after taking a hit from a machine gun. And the ability to blow off body parts (and still have the zombie torso continue to chase after you) is also loads of fun. I'm definitely going to be playing more of this game very soon.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...