Sunday, August 14, 2005

Not Just a Walk in the Park

Last night, after it got a bit cooler out, I took a drive to the park to do a little pitching. For those of you who don't know me, or have been living under a rock while you've known me, I'm a horseshoe pitcher.

Anyway, I went to the park, pitched a little, and then decided to call it quits and go home. I walked over to the nearby water outlet and proceeded to wash the clay off my horseshoes. (Sadly, these courts have the WORST clay in the world. It sticks to your shoes something awful.)

As I began washing my shoes, a huge insect came flying out of the drain, clearly annoyed that I had disturbed it's happy little existence. It proceeded to attack me in a barrage of swooping fly-bys, much to the annoyance of myself. I shooed it away several times, and it finally appeared to have flown off. So, I finished washing off my shoes, dried them, and then proceeded to wash my hands. It was at this point that the little winged son of a bitch reappeared again, continuing his untiring attacks from before. I then realized that it wasn't going to be satisfied until I fought it, man-to-bug.

I threw my towel down (as opposed to throwing in the towel, don't get those confused!), and took a defensive ninja stance with my hands out in front of me, ready to attack. The insect swooped at me again, and I proceeded to counter all its attempts while at the same time chopping at it with my deadly hands of justice.

I'm certain this scene was quite amusing to the people driving past on the nearby road, for I surely doubt they would be able to see my attacker. Thus, all they could gaze upon was some moron standing in the middle of the horseshoe courts, madly jumping around and swinging his arms about in the air.

Finally, I smited my opponent with a death chop, and cast him down to the grassy pits of doom which lay at my feet. I left the park beaten, battered, but VICTORIOUS. Once again, good has indeed triumphed over evil.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...