Tuesday, September 06, 2011

"Rushes" and "Misleading"

Today's gaming news made me think hard about two aspects of the gaming industry that really piss my mittens.

1. Rushing a release.

A vast majority of the time, it seems like we suffer because a game was released before it was ready.  Just today you can see news of Dead Island getting a huge, huge release day patch to fix 37 issues.  No one has even played the game yet, and they're issuing a patch!  I just don't understand why this is even acceptable to anyone.  Anyone who knows me realizes that I'm pretty optimistic when it comes to games.  The vast majority of this community are over-privileged whiners who will complain about the sky being the wrong shade of blue.  But me, I even like bad games a lot of the times.  So if this bugs me, I just can't understand why it keeps happening.  I suppose bureaucracy wins the day here, and the almighty dollar is more important than producing a good product.

2. Misleading Advertising

I'm looking at -YOU-, League of Legends.  I just saw your ad on a gaming website.  That wasn't in-game footage you were showing off.  YOU LIARS!  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...