Friday, September 30, 2011

Points of Interest

With the new Dominion mode of League of Legends live, it's interesting to see the community responding to it.  As far as I can see now, everyone is split on what exactly this new game mode means to the game as a whole.  One percentage of the population seems to consider it a nice alternative, perhaps when you don't quite have enough time (or patience) for the farm heavy Summoner's Rift map.  Another section of the population seems to think it's going to actually replace Summoner's Rift in competitive play because it's more fun to play, watch, and commentate.  One thing is certain though -- it seems like just about everyone likes it in one way or another.

The people at Bioware made a bit of a mistake yesterday.  It seems like someone erroneously sent out a bugged beta invite to a certain large e-mail distribution list.  Oops.  I can just imagine the quantity of raid tears when all those people found out they really didn't receive a valid beta invite.  Suckers.

A lot of interesting announcements have been coming from Blizzard for World of Warcraft.  Just about every other day, if not every day, there's something really interesting coming from those guys.  To me, it seems like they're really stepping up their game in light of the competition that they know is coming.  I love that, because there are no losers in that scenario.  Especially us consumers -- we win with all the cool new stuff.  I've been doing a few things on my warrior to start getting him up to a gear level respectable for the new 5-mans coming in 4.3.  I've also been leveling a shaman -- I hit level 58 and parked him in Outland last night.

Serious Sam 3 got delayed for a whole month, which makes me very sad indeed.  According to the press release, they want to polish the game more before they release it, and stated they're going to add a few more different types of enemies as a result.  I suppose I can forgive them for that.

The Diablo 3 beta is on-going, and they recently made a bunch of little changes to it.  John and I played through it again the other day, noticing all the little changes and enjoying them immensely.  He's enjoying the Monk, and I'm still sold on the Demon Hunter.

Finally, The Binding of Isaac is flippin' bizarre.  I played about fifteen minutes of it, until my first death.  The game is very similar to Super Meat Boy in style (it's made by the same people), only instead of being a platformer, it's more an action/adventure game with RPG elements.  There's a ton of unlockables and lots of variety in items and enemies.  The biggest draw, I would say, is the fact that all the levels are randomly generated each and every time you play.  So, as you would expect, the replayability is exceptional.  I had John play through it a bit.  He was disturbed.

And that's all I got.  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...