Sunday, September 25, 2011

Opportunity

Well, those journal posts were certainly fun to write.  I apologize for being so dramatically cliched there in the writing style, but damn it was fun to write like that for a bit.

In other news, I seem to have a bit of opportunity thrown my way that could prove interesting.  On Thursday, my boss informed me that the project manager for our most profitable account was going to be replaced, and that he would like  me to assume the role.  This wouldn't come with an official promotion, of course, because our company, like so many others, simply just doesn't do that kind of thing.  If I do the job well, I probably still won't get anything for it.

But that's a moot point, because quite frankly, having something like that on my resume is worth it right there.  My boss says that's shit, and ensures me that he'll take care of the monetary compensation.  I appreciate that, of course, but I'm not holding my breath.

In any case, on Friday I told him that I'd do the job, and it seems like October 6th is the date for the official hand-over.  There's still a lot of uncertainty on my part when it comes to the job, but I'm going to have plenty of support from my peers.  It should be a good opportunity for me, and get me some different types of experience that I haven't had before.

It's a shame that the only reason this transition is occurring is because we are close to losing the account.  That's not the greatest situation to be in, but if I end up being able to turn things around, I suppose it will make me look even better.  (Not that I give a crap about that type of thing.)

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...