Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Run, Forrest!

I laugh at other people's misfortunes often, but only when there's no serious, long-term harm involved. If someone slips on an icy sidewalk and falls on their ass without breaking a hip, I'm going to laugh at them. Stuff like that. I think anyone can relate to that.

I was on time this morning. Good for me. Unfortunately, a certain school bus was early. Right now you're probably thinking, "So what? You don't go to school and you don't have kids. Why do you give a crap about a school bus being early?"

I care because the big yellow mother fucker was in front of me on my way to work, stopping every ten fucking feet to pick up some little bastard. I can't describe how annoying it is to be behind a school bus. It's like being behind some fat guy when you're waiting in line at the supermarket. They're both huge and block your view (and sunlight), they both emit noxious gases behind them into your face, and they're both FUCKING SLOW.

But, I had my retribution, even if it was at someone else's expense.

At the last stop the bus made before turning off the road and out of my way, it picked up two kids. As it was pulling away, I noticed a third kid frantically running up the side street, waving her arms in an attempt to catch the attention of the driver. Have you ever watched a school kid run? Kids under 12 run like retards to begin with. Add into that a heavy winter coat, and a heavy backpack on the kid's back. That just equals quality entertainment for my morning.

I rolled my window down and cheered her on. She still missed the bus, though. Mwa-hahaha.

1 comment:

Just Random said...

Evil. Just evil you are. I care about those poor little kids that miss the bus, it's quite traumatic actually. Evil you.

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...