Wednesday, January 07, 2009



Seems like I'm having a knack for finding modern references to classic literature this week. Here we see that EA is developing a game based off of Dante's Divine Comedy, most notably Inferno. The trailer does not impress me, but I will take into consideration that its a teaser trailer and the game is probably not very far into development at this point in time.

Regardless, Inferno is one of my favorite books of all time and I'm excited about the possibility of a game that will allow me to fight my way through the nine circles of Hell. This isn't a new idea, of course (Doom, Painkiller, Dungeons and Dragons, the list goes on), but this is the first time someone is saying, "This is Dante's Inferno." rather than making up their own storyline using his premise of battling your way through Hell.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now, this just makes me want to buy a new video game system (unless they release it for PC). Favorite book of all time (the full trilogy). And, the main reason I loved the movie "What Dreams May Come" is that many of their visualizations of what lies beyond were based on Dante's writings.

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...