Monday, January 26, 2009

As the old saying goes, "Things get worse before they get better." The question, though, is always, "How bad is it going to get?"

A lot of people I know have lost their jobs. A whole lot. And it makes me wonder how many more will lose them before things start to get better. It makes me wonder if I will join them before things get better. Today, my sister found out that her last day at work is Friday. This is a job she's had for more than 15 years. It's depressing how easily our lives can be thrown into turmoil.

So now she has the lovely task of starting all over again laid out in front of her. First, the severance package. Then, the unemployment. Then the job hunting begins, and she will discover, just like everyone else out there, just how bad things really are and just how scarce work really is. And who knows how long that's going to last?

When I think of the possibly of having to go through that myself, the only word that comes to my mind is "Bleh."

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...