Sunday, January 25, 2009

I recently came across a blog called "Fuck You, Penguin". All the author does is post pictures of cute animals, and comment negatively about them, most of the time to quite funny results. As I was browsing through the posts, I laughed at what I saw and enjoyed the simple comedy of it. But then I saw this post, and I was impressed.

That one is very, very clever, and I'm going to take a guess here and assume that not many people are going to know why. He's making a reference to something written by Mary Stevenson:

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky. In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could only see one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord, "You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?"

The Lord replied, "The years when you have only seen one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you."

But in this case, the blogger is saying God deserted the duck. Heh.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...