Friday, January 30, 2009

I needed a break from the mind-numbing SQL scripting I was knee deep in writing, so I did some general maintenance around here. For starters, I re-wrote my profile description. There was no particular reason for that. I was simply tired of looking at the old one. Next, I updated the "Links", removing one and adding two others that are more pertinent to my leisurely activities.

I think it would be helpful if I described these links and why I choose to list them. They are, after all, a large part of who I am.

The first link is to my animation cel gallery. I'm a fan of animation, especially that of the Japanese variety (anime). I have a rather large collection of animation cels from several of my most favorite shows. For those of you who do not remember what life was like before the year 2000, once upon a time cartoons were not made with computers. They were actually drawn by an artist, then each frame of the cartoon was put on a piece of acetate, and then hand painted. Each cel is one frame of the show. Each cel that I own is a piece of the show, was hand drawn, is one of a kind, and was placed in front of the camera when the show was made. They *are* the show, basically.

The next two links are all about Saburosan, who is my character in World of Warcraft. Sab has his own blog, and I've also provided a link to his armory page. Since WoW is the game I play the most, it seemed obvious that I should provide that information here as well. Also, many of the friends I've made in WoW have transcended being simply "gamer friends". They're an integral part of my life, and deserve more than just a place in my "gaming life".

And lastly, the link to my FictionPress page. This is where I've posted my finished writings (all 4 of them, yay me). I don't claim to be any sort of grandiose author, and I really don't give a crap if you like what I've written or not. I didn't write that stuff for you. I wrote it for me, and for my own entertainment and satisfaction. If you happen to like it as well, then that's just a bonus.

So there you have it, a few minor changes to this place. I've also changed the index of Pastatdude's to be my blog, instead of the flash site that it used to be. I didn't like the flash site anymore. The only thing I will miss is the music player, which I may attempt to code into my blog. (Wow, I found a benefit for keeping my blog hosted on my own webspace. Win!)

With the lights out, it's less dangerous.
Here we are now, entertain us.
I feel stupid, and contagious.
Here we are now, entertain us.
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...