Thursday, July 03, 2008

I have an easel, which sits to the left of my keyboard. It's one of those office easels, manufactured by the well-known office supply manufacturer by the name of Fellowes, designed to hold standard 8.5" by 11" paper. It's purpose, of course, is to make reading papers much easier when they're in this upright angle.

It's been such a long time since I haven't had any papers on the thing, that I pretty much forgot it was black. When I removed the last sheet from it this morning, I just kind of stared at it because the blackness really looked out of place on my desk. It's been months since I haven't been utterly buried in work and actually had the opportunity to have an empty easel.

It's a short-lived moment, however, as I begin piling things on it once again, but I took the five seconds out of my life to enjoy it.


When your feeling moot
You can have your conscious all you want
You can say I do nothing yeah
I put it off

Jimmy Eat World - Gotta Be Somebody's Blues

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...