Thursday, July 24, 2008

Like the movie Unbreakable, I also believe that comic book heroes walk the Earth. I believe that just about everyone has super powers. We don't notice this, because most of the time, those super powers are utterly worthless.

Take one of mine, for instance.

One of my super powers is the ability to identify almost any song within the first 2 seconds of hearing it. Utterly useless power, but it's my own. This morning was probably one of the greatest examples of it in action. I was at Sheetz getting my breakfast (a bottle of Vault and a donut, rawr!), and I hear a song come on the overhead speakers. Immediately, I knew it was "I Know" by Dionne Farris. I don't even like that song, nor do I like her. And, I haven't heard that song in YEARS. A decade even, maybe. But there it was, and I knew what it was right away. She hadn't even started singing yet, and if you know the song, you know that the beginning rift sounds nothing like the rest of the song. But that didn't matter. I still knew.

Then I paid for my items, and flew away into the city wearing my red tights, cape, and suit with a huge red musical note on the chest. They call me Music Boy.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...