Monday, July 28, 2008

Time for a debunking!

http://www.wow-heroes.com/

I spit on your website, Wow-Heroes. I spit on your website because you are ranking people by the quality of their gear, and not what they do with it. I spit on your website because you're telling me how to play my class. I spit on your website because you're telling me that the neck I'm wearing now isn't as good as the one I replaced months ago, when I did the analysis and came to my own conclusions.

Mainly though, it's bull shit that you allow people to compare their toons to other people, and tell them they are rated "higher" or "lower" based solely on the numbers assigned to their gear. There are too many ways to play every single character for you to flatten it like that. Perhaps a mage who is currently in Hyjal has spec'd for more mana regen so they are more effectively able to handle the waves and waves of trash. Perhaps a priest has spec'd for more potent single target heals because they constantly find themselves healing the main tank. Perhaps a tank stacks stam because he wants to be effective against ANY boss, not just ones who deal solely melee damage.

Have you taken any of that into account? No, you didn't. You assigned a number to every piece a gear and added it up. Congratulations. You can do simple math.

I, meanwhile, will continue to gear, enchant, and gem myself the way I think is best. That mentality has gotten me to Black Temple, so obviously I'm doing something right. A website that is nothing more than a glorified calculator can't tell me what piece of gear is better. I'll make that analysis on my own, thank you very much.

3 comments:

Just Random said...

/mops up all the spit.

I checked out this site. I find the comparison more appealing than using the WoW site. I compared myself with every Mage I know and still came out on top.

PD said...

This coming from a mage who sheeps herself. You have proved my point, thank you!

=D

Just Random said...

Haha. You loved that. Just because I'm silly doesn't mean that my gear isn't on top...or near top.

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...