Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Today is Italian Sub Shop Day. I love Italian Sub Shop Day, because I love the food at said shop. They have this AMAZING buffalo chicken hoagie. It will make you cry, melt your throat, make your eyes water, and burn out your sinuses. But dear GOD is it tasty. I just require a gallon of beverage to go with it. And an occasional trip to the emergency room. If I'm not feeling suicidal, the chicken parm hoagie is also very good.

While I'm on the subject of food, we're having a company picnic on Thursday. HR has been pushing this thing for a month now. Since we're a branch office, I can only guess that main HQ is responsible for this. I can see it now -- I'm standing around looking at people I never talk to, thinking to myself, "If this wasn't work related, I would so not be socializing with you."

That doesn't mean I don't like ANYONE here at the office. I have several good friends here, and they are the people I have lunch with every day, and who I chat with when I have any time to chat. But there are also people in this office I would just as soon avoid, such as the Wookie, the Weebl, the Sloth, Lurch, and Miss Mary Sunshine-Shut-The-Fuck-Up. (Yes, those are all nicknames I gave them.)

Bottom line is, I gotta bring something to this blasted picnic, so I have decided to make my nacho dip. A block of velveeta cheese, a can of chili, thrown into a bowl and microwaved for several minutes. Voila. Nacho dip. The wookie can't have any.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...