Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I recently read an article about a re-make of Stephen King's IT, which is slated to air on the Sci-Fi channel some time this year. I was really interested in that, because IT is one of my favorite books by Stephen King, second only to maybe The Stand. It's been YEARS, probably close to a decade, since I've read the book, and I actually remember the Tim Curry mini-series more than I remember the book itself.

I always thought that first mini-series was pretty well done. It captured the tone of the book rather accurately, even if it did make major changes to some of the plot. (Most movies based on a book do, so that was nothing out of the ordinary) I still remember getting the crap scared out of me when watching that fucking clown come out of that shower drain. I think the movie was one of the reasons I hate clowns. (That, and Killer Clowns from Outer Space.)

Anyway, reading about this new mini-series on the Sci-Fi channel has given me the desire to re-read the book. A quick trip to the Barnes & Noble website yielded me a paperback version of the book for $7, and I ordered it on Saturday. Not only am I looking forward to reading the story again, I'm also interested to find out how much of the movie I've inadvertantly merged with the book in my mind. It's been so many years since I've read the book and seen the movie, that I've probably put the two together.

And then after I read the book, I can watch the new mini-series on the Sci-Fi channel and laugh at how terrible it is. Heh.


"Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me."

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...