Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Sometimes, all you can do is chuckle and move on with your day.  I haven't had the best of days, but I'm sitting here with a smile on my face regardless.  It really wasn't all that bad until I got a meeting invite at work for 4:30 PM.  This irritated me because, well, that's when I -leave- the office for the day.  My day is over at 4:30 PM.

The meeting was really short, but the consequences of it kept me at the office for another hour and a half.  The fact that I had to do work wasn't was irritated me, though, it was the question of why it had taken until the end of the day to give me this work.  And the answer of course is simple:  Everyone's in a fucking rush to get the software release out on time.  It amazes me, because QA isn't even my job.  Funny that.

Things went from bad to worse when I got home.  I walk through the door and my mother is crying excessively.  Apparently there was a bird in the house, which apparently is bad luck, which apparently meant that I was most certainly dead rather than working late.  I then had to temporarily fix the hole where the bird came in.  (It got in through the old fireplace.  Came down the chimney, I suppose.)

So that was my day, in a nutshell.  Brilliant, no?  But you know what's good about it?  Since I'm here telling you all about it, that means it's OVER.  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...