Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Werk, werk

My boss was in Europe last week for what's called a user group meeting.  Basically, our largest customer wanted to bring in a lot of the people within their organization who use our software, and get a bunch of feedback from them to find out what they would like to see as far as system enhancements and performance improvements go.  It all sounds very boring, I'm sure.  Trust me -- it is.

The side effect of this meeting is that it's probably going to mean a lot of work.  Not all of the news coming out of this thing was good.  I won't get into the details about that, because anything I say would be pure speculation on my part, anyway.  And it's, again, boring.

The entertaining things that came out of the meeting were that the release notes that our team re-wrote got rave reviews by the customer.  It probably embarrassed the hell out of the person who originally wrote them, and I find that very entertaining.  Also, the project plan I compiled for the customer acceptance testing also got rave reviews.

It's humorous, because these are all things that everyone else in the company said was unnecessary and a waste of time.  In yo face!

Also, I think the hundreds of thousands of records that I'm scripting into the database are starting to drive me insane.   Today I saw some records with the notation "River Craft".  This sent me off on a tangent:

"River Craft?  Who the hell calls a boat a river craft?  It's like something a snooty rich hipster would say.  'Yeeeesh, our cah-go was broot in on the river crah-ft.  But you've probably never heard of it."

Then, a little later, I was reviewing locations in Switzerland and came across one called "Verde". So of course that led to this:



"Have you heard?  Verde is the word!"

And you know the rest.

See, my plan is that if I keep the rest of my co-workers questioning my sanity, it'll work to my benefit.  So far, so good!  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...