Saturday, December 17, 2011

Taking the Grand TOR: Part 1

Okay, since I have a queue on my server and need to wait before I can play, I'm going to take a few minutes to provide a few commentated screenshots of the game.  Lucky you! 

 

First of all, say hello to Saburo.  He's a Sith Warrior (not even a Marauder at this point, as I took this right when I first created him).  He's also an evil bastard.

  

Instead of needing to eat food to replenish your health after a tough fight, you simply meditate.  It's an out-of-combat thing, and each class has a different version of it.  This is mine.  He's channeling his hate.



The combat is really good.  After thus far 14 levels, I'm not even coming close to getting tired of it yet.  It's just well done all around.  Slicey slicey!

 

Korriban is the starting world for the Sith (Warriors and Inquisitors), and the place looks rather dead-like.  It's still very impressive, but when compared to the Jedi starting area, you can tell the environment of the Sith is a lot harsher and a lot more unforgiving.  It fits.

  

All the quests are voice acted  in a cut-scene, and I can't you how much of a joy it is to not have to -read- quests.  Having them spoken to you is brilliant, and I love it.

  

Flight paths are shuttle rides, and they are entertaining beyond belief.  There's a joke here about "riding them all day", but I won't even go there.

And with that, my queue is down to 37.  I'm going to go stare at it now.  Then it'll be some leveling, and getting some social points by grouping up with John and knocking out some group quests.  Onwards!

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...