Sunday, November 20, 2011

Skyrim Stories - Part 2

As a continuation of yesterday's screenshot-oriented post, I bring you more postcard-worthy pictures of Tamriel.  Enjoy!



This whole thing with the Greybeards reminded me of that scene from near the end of Ghostbusters.

"Are you a god?"
"Uh...no!"

"Then...DIE!"

"Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god...you say YES!"

I'm not sure why I thought of that -- probably due to the whole "voice-from-the-sky" thing.  In any case, I really liked this part, because it gave you the impression that this world is really, really old, and that a lot of people have been waiting and searching for someone like you for their entire lives.  That's a cool idea.


The problem I tend to have is that there are so many places, so many things to do, and so many things to see in this game, that I tend to forget the circumstances of a lot of it.  Take this image, for example.  Looks cool, doesn't it?  I have no idea where I was or what I was doing when I took it, though.


It's even beautiful in the dark.


These caves were filled with all kinds of nasty things.  Spiders, undead, necromancers, mages, Trolls, you name it, it was there.


Those statues on the left and right are in the process of lifting up out of the water as I approached the altar on the other side.  This is where the story for the game really opened up for me.  You were sent to retrieve an item, and it wasn't there.  In its place was a note, leading you to one of the more interesting quests thus far.  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...