Friday, November 18, 2011

Coldplay

I never gave Coldplay a lot of credit.  The first song of theirs that I heard was Yellow, and I thought it was pretty okay.  I think my thought process was something like, "This song has a nice tune but why does the singer sound like that?"

They had a lot of hits since then, most of which I only "kind of liked".  I really enjoyed "White Shadows", though, because it wasn't their typical "sappy love song" material.

The release of the Mylo Xyloto album really changed my opinion of them.  The first song I heard off the album was "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall", and it was normal Coldplay.  Everything seemed like business as usual, and I pretty much ignored it.  I then heard "Major Minus", and I actually liked that one a lot better, and the fact that I liked it at all (the first Coldplay song I truly liked since "White Shadows") was enough to make me stand up and take notice.

And then I heard "Paradise".  This song is nothing short of amazing, with a chorus that never fails to make me shiver.  It was a typical "Who are you and what have you done with the real Coldplay?" moment.  If you haven't given that song a listen yet, I recommend that you do.  And even if you have...go listen to it again.  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...