Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I have a blueberry fritter.

And it is delicious.

On a completely different topic, you may have noticed that while I have made quite a number of posts about Skyrim, I haven't actually written a lot of text about the game.  If you compare it to my posts on say, Deus Ex or Dead Space 2, there is considerably less information.  You may take that to mean that I don't like Skyrim as much as I like these other games.  I'm here to tell you that is incorrect.

I haven't even finished Skyrim yet, and I'm already prepared to tell you that it is my third most favorite game of all time, behind Half-Life and Fallout.  (I don't put sequels on those games, because I feel they are just simply games as a whole and should be treated as such.  But if you want me to be more specific, that includes Half-Life 2, Episode 1, Episode 2, Fallout 3, and New Vegas.  That is as specific as I can get.)

The reason I haven't written a lot about Skyrim is because the game is so -huge- that it's actually quite difficult to do so without being confusing.  I could start spouting some of the cool things, but it probably wouldn't make all that much sense out of context.  (Though, last night I killed a dragon by jumping on its head and stabbing it through the top of its snout.  I don't care what context you put that in -- it's badass.)

So unless I did a daily diary of the game (which I don't have the time nor the patience to do for an -entire- play-through), there's really not much more I can do other than provide some screenshots and a blurb or two of information about them.

I had a similar problem with Fallout, which shouldn't surprise anyone since it's basically the same game in a different setting.  The longest and most detailed post I made about Fallout was the final DLC of New Vegas, The Lonesome Road.  The reason I was able to so easily write about that one is because it was linear.  It's ironic, because PC Gamer gave that DLC a tepid 53% review score because of that very fact.  (I think they said something like, "It's linear and doesn't do much.")

Well they're entitled to their opinion, and they speak the truth -- it was linear.  They're also entitled to suck my granolas, because linear <> bad.  To me, Lonesome Road was a lovely ENDING to an epic game.  I have no problem with being given a huge, expansive open world to explore and do anything I want in, and then when I'm finished with it, walk a linear path to a conclusion.  It was a nice send-off for one of the greatest games ever made.

Also, I made you a meme:

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...