Thursday, April 21, 2011

That's a Three-Star Offense

In the time leading up to the release of Portal 2, and also last night after I finished the single-player portion of Portal 2, I've been replaying Grand Theft Auto IV.  Controversial content aside, the game is brilliant, as I've said before, but that's not really the point of my post here.  I just have an amusing tale to share.

First allow me to explain the "Wanted" system in GTA.  If you do something wrong and a cop sees you, you'll be "wanted" by the police.  It ranges from one star (not very wanted) to five stars (they'll send the militia after your ass).  You lose your wanted level by getting your car painted a different color, sleeping in your safehouse, or simply outrunning the cops.  Depending on your wanted level, you'll either get a cop car chasing you (one star) all the way up to a tank and helicopters (five stars).

That being said, on my way to work this morning there was some road work.  (Big fucking surprise there.)  Before the actual road work, there was a police car on the side of the road with his flashers on, to warn motorists that shit was about to slow down to a fucking stop.  Only it wasn't a police CAR, but a police SUV.  Seeing that, the first thing that entered my mind was, "Oh wow, that's a three-star offense!"  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...