Tuesday, April 26, 2011

For Science!

I have a desire to make a blog post, but I really don't have anything interesting to say.  But, I will attempt to make this post as non-boring as possible.

For starters, John and I finished the co-op campaign in Portal 2.  The entire co-op campaign was thoroughly enjoyable.  It was clever and funny in all the right ways, and the ending was very satisfying.  Valve did an exceptional job at making the two robots extremely expression through their physical animations and simple robot noises.  They stated in an interview that it was a conscious decision to make them mute -- otherwise, they would interfere with the two players talking to each other as they were figuring out the puzzles.  That is an excellent point.  The game requires you to talk to your co-op partner, otherwise you just won't get anywhere.

The song at the end of the co-op campaign is called "Robots FTW", and it's just a brilliant tune.  I highly recommend you look it up on YouTube if you haven't yet heard it.

Aside from that, I've only a few minor changes going on right now.  The first of which is the fact that I've decided to stop actively raiding in World of Warcraft.  I don't have the desire to do it any longer, and I don't get the enjoyment out of it that I've gotten in the past.  I think mainly this is because I've been doing it for so long, it all just feels the same.  Also, it could be that the original circle of friends that I enjoyed playing with are gone, and I just really don't see the point any longer.

So I've sort of left that world behind me, and decided to level up a character on John's server.  I'm actually finding the leveling process to be rather cathartic, and I'm planning on getting more into the RP aspect of the game.  With some help from John, I should be able to partake in at least some light (more casual) RP.  I have no delusions of grandeur here, as you can see.

Aside from that, I've been playing some League of Legends, and that's about it.  Hm...warm weather is starting to be more commonplace as well!  That's a good thing.  The daffodils and tulips are in full bloom now.  They make me smile when I look out and see them.  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...