Monday, January 31, 2011

A Few Followups

Okay, so after a long weekend in which I had lots of gaming time to spend, I was able to put some serious time into Magicka and Dead Space 2.  I have a few follow up points to add to the two posts I made about each game. 

We all know Magicka's gameplay is immensely enjoyable.  It turns out, playing the Adventure Mode on multi-player is also immensely enjoyable in its own way.  The multi-player Challenge Mode, however, is just fucking brilliant.  I haven't had that much fun since granny got her britches caught in the wheat thresher.

I'm 10 hours into Dead Space 2, and I'm not finished with the game yet.  And these have been some of the highest quality 10 hours I've spent in a game, let me tell you.  I played the game today until my head was about ready to split open.  (From the throbbing headache I got from all the squinting and screaming I was doing.)  I have also figured out why this game makes me as giddy as a Girl Scout in a Teddy Bear factory.  Someone has finally, FINALLY made a shooter that is truly well done by TODAY's standards, but uses the old-school idea of the Lone Hero Battling Through Hell.  So many shooters released today are all about the tactics.  All about squad control.  All about leading a team of NPC nitwits into battle.  And I've learned through my years of experience with shooter games that MY preferred type of shooter is where I'm one badass fighting my way through the levels ALONE.  And that is EXACTLY what this game gives me, and it gives it to me in both quantity and quality.  (Herp.) 

One last point I'd like to bring up:  Isaac Clarke is officially on my list of Most Badassery Badasses. 

Deadspace2 2011-01-29 18-24-23-30

Now playing: 3 Doors Down - Citizen/Soldier

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...