Thursday, January 13, 2011

Why So Serious?

That line has been in my head for a couple of days now.  I've been trying to remember why, and I just got it:  Yesterday during the pizza party here at work, when I went into the kitchen to get my pizza, Rodney commented that I looked too serious.  That led me to turn to him, tilt my head to the side, and say the line.  I really want to watch The Dark Knight now.

Moving on, I had a really, really bizarre dream last night, and I'm pretty sure it was a recurring one that I've had before (and possibly finished last night).  I was kidnapped by a sexual predator, and he had me tied up to a chair in his apartment.  I don't recall any of the nasty things he did to me, but I'm pretty sure he DID do nasty things to me.  I was rescued by two or three people that were complete strangers to me, and I don't recall how they found me.  I vaguely remember that I somehow contacted them, but I really can't remember exactly how it went.  In any case, someone untied me while my captor was out, and I pretended to be still tied up when he returned.  Then I punched him in the balls.  It was quite satisfying.

I suspect the dream was a recurring one because I had this slight feeling of familiarity through the entire thing last night, and one of the things I recall thinking when I woke up this morning was "Oh good, I'm glad I got that finished."

That leaves me to only wonder why I would dream of such a thing.  I've never had a fear of being kidnapped by a sexual predator, nor is it something that I'm prone to think about...ever.  My ONLY theory is that last night, someone in my raid was having trouble with their wireless internet, and when it was suggested they actually use a wire, they said to do so would require laying down on their basement floor.  This naturally led me to make a Silence of the Lambs reference about putting the lotion in the basket.  It's possible my mind went to that movie and the kidnapped girl in question, during my dream last night.  But, that doesn't explain why I feel the dream was a recurring one, unless I'm simply mistaken about that.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...