Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Supermarket Story

It's been a while since I've had a good supermarket story to tell.  Well, the wait is over!

So yeah, I went to the supermarket over lunch today to get a few things.  I'm standing in line to check-out, and there's a woman in front of me with perhaps 20 items.  She brought her own shopping bags with her -- cloth ones that she may or may not have made herself.  She had given the cashier three of them.

The cashier proceeded to bag the lady's items in these three cloth bags.  After the three bags were full, the cashier then began putting the few remaining items into a plastic bag.  This caused the lady to flip out and begin waving her arms in a manner I can compare only with an epileptic fit.  She started mumbling something about killing the environment while putting a hand over her mouth in utter shock and dismay.  Then, she began wildly sifting through her goods for another cloth bag, which she found and literally threw at the cashier while frantically telling her to use that instead.

As the lady was slowly wheeling her cart of goods away, still within earshot of me, I placed my few items on the counter and told the cashier, "Hello.  I would like plastic bags.  Please place each item in its own bag so they don't touch each other.  Thanks."

The cashier first looked at me like I had 9 heads, and then started laughing hysterically.  The lady slowly wheeling away turned and looked at me with a look that can only be described as the perfect mixture of horror, shock, and murderous intent.

Sometimes, I really enjoy myself way too much.

2 comments:

Sue Boyson said...

I read this at 0630 whilst eating my porridge and contemplating the day ahead..... it really made me laugh out loud!

Unknown said...

I forgot how funny your blag is sometimes.

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...