Monday, October 18, 2010

Personality Reviews

It's that time of year here at my office when we do our annual performance evaluations.  The title of this post is a bit of a jab at these, because personality ends up factoring into these reviews no matter how hard you try to keep them out.

This is the third year in a row that my company has completely changed the format of the review documents.  I think they do this on purpose to prevent us from copy/pasting last year's data.  Not that we would EVER do that.  *cough*

Dealing with people is something that I've never been good at, though my life's experiences have been shaping that skill slowly as time goes on.  I've always considered myself to be a bit on the naive side, which isn't good when you're managing a group of people.  You will always have someone who tries to manipulate or take advantage of you, and its necessary to be able to see through any such attempts.  This is probably why I've never much cared for a managerial position.

On the positive side of things, it looks like my company will actually be taking the reviews into consideration now when it comes to deciding on salary increases.  Any normal person would probably scratch their head in confusion at such a statement, because, yes, it should be common sense that things should work that way.  Sadly, you don't know my company.

Tally ho.  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...