Monday, October 25, 2010

Musings

I feel like talking, but I've no idea what I want to talk about.  This is due to the fact that I'm in a disgustingly good mood this morning.  You may find that odd, considering it's Monday morning.  Who the fuck enjoys Mondays?  Ah, but this Monday is different, because it's the only day I'll be at work this week.  Oh yes.  Now you understand.  

So where to begin with my ramblings?  Well, first off, I've ordered a bunch of Warcraft books.  I initially planned on purchasing only "The Shattering", but then I realized that the book is new and not yet available in paperback.  I have a hatred for hardcover books, unless it's a book that I don't actually plan on reading.  They are bulky, heavy, and annoying.  If I want the book for the art, fine, hardcover is probably the smarter choice there.  But if it's something I actually want to read, chances are most of the time I will be reading the book in bed.  I don't want the corner of a hardcover digging into my left nipple.  That's just not comfortable at all.  So, I instead bought some of the earlier books to read first, which should keep me quite occupied until the paperback version of The Shattering is released.  

Speaking of hardcover books digging into my right nipple, I cracked open the Sword of Shannara again last night.  It's been a few months since I've done any reading of that monstrosity, and I'm quite surprised I even knew what was going on.  The progress there is slow.  I'm on page 225-ish out of...God knows how many.  Thousands.

Ok, enough about my nipples.  I started playing Fallout: New Vegas over the weekend.  I'm having issues getting into the game.  It's not the game's fault, either, it's just that I'm simply not in the right mindset to play it right now.  The fact that it looks, plays, and feels EXACTLY like Fallout 3 should be enough to tell me it's going to be a great one, given how much in love with Fallout 3 I am/was/will be forever.  But, it's just not what I want to be playing at this time.  I'll get deeper into it later.

Aside from that, I'm looking forward to a week away from work, and more time spent with mai Pookie.  (I'm in so much trouble for using that word...)

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...