Wednesday, October 01, 2008

An Open Letter to Non-Elitist Assholes

I'm posting this here instead of on my guild's forums because this is more for my benefit than for anyone else. If I had posted this on the forums, I would have locked the thread immediately after and ended the post with, "This thread is locked and you cannot reply to it, because I don't give a fuck what you think."

This is a letter addressed to all the people I have played WoW with who I, at one time, considered a friend.

To those of you who disappeared without a trace: Fuck you. That includes you Nawee, and Atreyuhunter, and Gruten. You could have at least had the courtesy to say good-bye, you ungrateful sons of bitches. I've got news for you -- you know those characters you played with that helped you out? There are real people playing them, and they cared about you. Shocking, I know, but it's true. Way to say thanks, jackasses.

To those of you who left because we weren't good enough for you: Fuck you. That includes you Orgrom, and Cloris, and Bobotheassclown, and Ruzle, and Wonderbar, and Phrenzy, and Xelvan. Congratulations on...what was it you accomplished again? Oh right, I forgot, I don't give a fuck. We helped you through three tiers of gear levels, and you show your gratitude by abandoning us. Thanks, Judas. At least now we know that you all value PROGRESSION and GEAR and PLAYING THE GAME AS A JOB over friendship. Gratz?

To those of you who left for stupid reasons: You're as stupid as the reasons for your departure. That includes you Java, and Curative, and Lofts. Obviously, you didn't much care for anyone here in the first place if you would leave so easily.

To those of you accusing me of being an elitist: Fuck you and your silly crusade for the common people. That includes you Coopoe, and Lofts, and Phrenzy, and Tearsong, and Jederenn. Learn how to conduct an intelligent conversation without continuously contradicting yourself, and maybe I'll show some semblance of giving shit about what you have to say.

To those of you who we threw out on your asses: You got what you deserved. That includes you Jederenn, and Tearsong. My only regret is that I didn't realize sooner what a miserable excuse for a human being you really were.

But, there's one good thing that has come out of me having had the displeasure of meeting each and every one of you. You've cured me of my naivity. So in the end, you haven't been totally useless. Just mostly.

If any of you who I've mentioned above actually read my blog, good for you. If you want to contact me to protest what I've said or to flame me, go for it. I'll happily ignore you because as I stated before, I don't give a fuck what you think.

For anyone else who reads this and thinks, "Whoa! What an angry guy!", that's not the case, really. Those listed above are the subject of my wrath, and no one else. I'm tired of these kinds of people, and even though I have 5 different categories up there, they can all be pegged into one. They simply don't know what friendship means, or they don't care about it. I'm willing to accept that part of it is my fault for letting any of these people get as close to me as I did. That I can rectify. You want my friendship? Earn it. I'd like to think that I'm worth that little bit of effort. If you don't think so, then I don't see why I'd want your friendship anyway.

And this concludes the last time I'm displaying any sort of seriousness about a game.

3 comments:

Just Random said...

Hey I quit and got kicked in the same night. You didn't mention me. /cry /sob /boohoo =)

PD said...

Go to bed!

Unknown said...

You should have ended that on a positive note about the friends you've made and people who have stuck with you all this time.

Make a new blog about us!

You Cow. Moo.

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...