Monday, October 06, 2008

I find new music via strange means, sometimes. Take, for instance, the band I just discovered this evening. They are by no means new, since they've been around since 1992 and have released six albums. But, I have never heard of them before tonight.

I was on YouTube looking for an anime. I know I have it on a disc around here somewhere, but I couldn't find it anywhere in my 1TB collection. Go figure. Anyway, I didn't find the full anime on YouTube, for reasons that I won't explain. (Let's just say it's a very adult anime.) But, I did find clips of the show, and the one video I found was set to the tune of a song that sounded really good to me.

I read through the comments on the video. Sure enough, someone asked the question "What song is that?", and someone, in turn, answered. The name of the band is Feeder, and the song was Piece By Piece. I had very little difficulty finding the song, and I downloaded it. I've now listened to it several times, and I like it a lot. I'm probably going to forever associate the song with this anime I was looking for, but that I can live with.

I downloaded three of Feeder's albums, and have listened to several tracks so far. They sound great, and Piece By Piece is certainly not the exception to what they sound like. From what I can tell, they aren't very big here in the US. They're from England, and mostly tour in Europe. This explains why I've never heard of them until now. So yeah, I'm looking forward to listening to rest of these tracks, and hopefully finding more songs that I really enjoy.

Oh, and if you're wondering, I did end up finding that anime I was looking for. It amounted to me using BitTorrent for the first time in...a LONG time.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...