Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The weather around here has been really nuts as of late, and I keep waiting for the meteorologists and scientists to coin some new phrase for it. We've already had two versions (at least) of El Nino, so I'm sure they can come up with something even more creative this time. Global Warming just doesn't have the same ring to it.

In any case, we've been hit with about 3 inches of snow which was immediately followed by 60 degree weather and 3 inches of rain. Which melted the snow quickly and basically left a mess in its wake. Given that I live in a basement, situations like these tend to make me nervous.

Rightfully so. When I got home from work yesterday evening, the carpet behind my bar was showing visible signs of moisture. This spread to the area close to my bed by the time I turned in for the night, and was still prevalent when I got up this morning.

Thankfully, today has been dry outside. Overcast and miserable, sure, but no rain or snow to speak of. It's also insanely windy, which I'm hoping will help dry out the ground and solve my whole problem before it gets any worse. The ground is simply too saturated with water and it's running out of places to go.

Seems I'm not the only one with problems caused by this over-abundance of rain. I hit a massive traffic jam on my way home yesterday to find out there had been a landslide, blocking one side of the freeway. It was mostly cleaned up as I drove past, but I could tell that a huge chunk of the hill was now gone completely. I can just imagine how much mud and rock had fallen onto the road for there to be a section so large missing.

Mother Nature is obviously cranky and needs to get laid. I just hope she's a MILF.



Angels on the sideline, puzzled and amused.
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

Don't these talking monkeys know that Eden has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys, where there's one you're bound...
...to divide it.
Right in two.


-- "Right In Two", by Tool

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...