Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I don't discuss politics very often, because I despise politics and politicians. However, even though I hate the entire structure of polics, I still ensure that I read and know what is going on in my own country. I refuse to be classified as an "ignorant American".

Thus, I made an observation on Tuesday. After Barack Obama delivered his speech (yes, I read the transcript and watched the video -- all 37 minutes of it), I knew it was going to cause a media storm. There was something about that speech that seemed different than anything I have seen in a presidential campaign since I can remember them. And I knew one thing for sure: Eventually, at least one journalist is going to start comparing Obama to Martin Luther King Jr.

And it only took 24 hours for that to happen.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/03/19/america/react.php

I'm not offering my opinion on the speech, or this campaign, or who I think should be the next president of the United States. I'm just sharing with you my observation of what I knew would happen, and the media doing exactly what I expected they would do. It's all too easily predictable.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...