Thursday, March 06, 2008

Ow.

There is a lot of static electricity in my office, which is a pretty natural occurence. Any time you go through a door you can be assured the doorknob will zap you as you touch it. I got zapped on the hand so badly once that the discharge was heard clear across the office. I'm sure it would have lit up the room had it been dark.

This morning, I stood up from my desk to talk to a co-worker behind me. We're separated by the wall at my back, where I have a dry eraser board hanging by metal clamps. As I leaned up against the wall, I made contact with one of the metal brackets, which then proceeded to send what seemed like 500 volts of static electricity right into my left nipple. I would compare the pain to being kicked in the scrotum with golf shoes. Of course, my co-worker was peeing herself laughing as I'm laying sprawled out on the floor, twitching as my nipple was wondering why the hell it just got sent to the electric chair for a crime it didn't commit.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...