Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Boogie Men

And no, I don't mean John Fucking Travolta.

I drove my mother's car to work this morning, because she is taking mine to HER work so that my brother can look at it. For those who don't know, my brother owns an auto repair shop, and my mother works there as the secretary. It's good for me, because I can get my car repaired for the price of parts.

ANYway, I'm driving to work and of course don't have any of my CD's and was forced to listen to the radio. And, since it's morning, of course no one is playing any music and I was forced to listen to a local radio show. I guess I picked a good time to send my car to the shop, because the topic of the day was horror movies. My favorite!

The host was reading a list of "Favorite Horror Movie Killers". I forget which website he pulled the list....Rapid-something.com....but some of the choices were weird.

Number 3 was the house in The Amityville Horror. Huh?

Number 2 was Angela from Sleepaway Camp. HUH?!
While I will admit that movie has one of the greatest plot twist endings of any horror movie, ever, the killer herself (himself) wasn't all that memorable outside of that. (For those of you who don't know, Angela was the killer but at the end of the movie she's standing naked on a beach with a severed head and we find out she's a guy cause you can see...ahem...his MACHETE.)

The other ones were all good though. What was interesting about this list was that they provided a sexual orientation for each killer.

Freddy Krueger = Pedophile
Jason Vorhees = Anti-Sex (cause he kills people who are having sex)
Leatherface = Transvestite
Angela = Crossdresser
Michael Myers = Confused
The House from Amityville = Home-o-Sexual (Oh come on, you saw that one coming, didn't you?)

Freddy Krueger was #1 on the list. (How sweet...)

So I guess I'll create my own top 10 list:

1. Freddy Krueger
2. Pazuzu, the demon from The Exorcist
3. Jason Vorhees
4. Pinhead
5. Ghostface
6. Michael Myers
7. Evil Ed (Bonus points if you tell me what movie this is from!)
8. Jigsaw
9. Leatherface
10. Zombies! (Night of the Living Dead, Day of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Land of the Dead, etc, etc, George Romero FTW)

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...