Thursday, November 08, 2012

Now that the election is over, I would like to have a bit of optimism that the American government is actually going to make some progress in many of the pressing issues that are currently at hand.  These issues include, but are certainly not limited to, the approaching fiscal cliff, the economy in general, immigration, education, human rights, and the environment.  I think it would be a wonderful thing if the first thing that congress did after this election was sit down, and quickly and efficiently write up a good solution to the fiscal cliff problem before the end of the year.  Do I think it could be that easy?  Sure it could.  Do I think it will be that easy?  Sadly, no.  Despite all the inspirational speeches, and despite both parties stating that they know the people don't want bickering politics but instead just want to get things done...despite all of that, I know that there's going to be bickering, there's going to be fighting, and once again either nothing is going to get done or it's going to take way too long for solutions to be implemented.  Welcome to American politics.

The reason for this, the PROBLEMS, are the extremes on both sides.  I don't want to sound biased, but then, when the hell have I cared about that?  In any case, it's no secret that I'm liberal, but I think I tend to either be center or left of center.  It's the extreme left and extreme right that I have a problem with.  Michael Moore, the documentary movie director, is a good example of extreme left.  And unfortunately, that's the only one I can think of.  The extreme right has a WHOLE ENTIRE POLITICAL PARTY to make fun of.  The Tea Party.  And I can list a whole bunch of right wing nutjobs who I wish would just disappear.  Sarah Palin.  Michele Bachmann.  The Westboro Baptist church.  Victoria Jackson.    Donald Trump.

If you think I'm kidding about how derisive, and DIVISIVE, these people are, just go look at Donald Trump's tweets from election night.  You will be amazed, and probably quite saddened.  What gets to me (And I use that term loosely, mind you.  Nothing Donald Trump does actually "gets to me", because he's nothing more than just a rather loud blowhard.) isn't just that he believes that all left leaning politicians will ruin this country, nor is it about how he called for a revolution after Barack Obama won the presidency.  It's that he'll debase and degrade someone merely because they don't share his (extreme) political views.  An actor on the show Law & Order made a tweet saying he was happy about Obama's victory.  So, Trump tweeted that while Law & Order is a good show, they really need to get rid of that particular actor because he is terrible.

Really?  You're going to criticize someone's CAREER, which has nothing to do with politics, simply because they don't support your own political candidate?  You are THAT petty?

It makes me sad, really, that someone with that much wealth is so clearly miserable with their own existence.  I guess it's true what they say.  Money can't buy happiness.

Ugh.  Enough about that.  Politics gives me a condition.  (It makes me want to stab myself in the face.  Faaaaaaace.)

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...