Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Nobody Likes My Toenails

The title of this post is a snippet of lyric from the song "Nobody Eats My Dinner".  The song is by a band called Motive, who I hadn't heard of before yesterday.  I heard part of the song on the radio during my quick drive to and from lunch yesterday, and looked the song up on YouTube when I got back into the office.  I'll embed the music video below.  The lyrics as a whole, if you haven't been able to tell already, are utterly non-sensical.  But, I can't stop listening to the song.  It's one of those cases where it sounds brilliant, so long as you don't really pay attention to what he's saying.  The guitar is fantastic.  The very beginning actually reminds me quite a bit of "Don't Fear the Reaper", which as anyone knows has brilliant guitar strings in it.  I'll embed that song for you too, in case you'd like to listen to it.  That song is from 1976 -- y'know, back when all those hipsters claim that music was still "good" then.  (For the record, I'm not denying music was good then.  I'm arguing that music is also good NOW, if you know where to look.)





To be clear, I'm not comparing these two songs.  I'm merely pointing out that the guitar riff that begins 7 seconds into the Motive song reminded me of the B.O.C. song.

Since finishing Mass Effect 3 over the weekend, I haven't been playing a damn thing.  This has led to more music listening in the evening, which is hardly a bad thing by any accounts.  I'm simply bringing it up to explain the lack of blog posts lately, given that a majority of what I talk about here is gaming related.  Because let's face it -- my life isn't interesting enough to talk about every frickin' day.  Case in point:  In addition to tapping away at this post, I'm staring at records in a database while waiting for soup to be ready.  SO HARDCORE.
 

I swear there's a meme for everything.

As for me making a post about Mass Effect 3, it's not going to happen.  I enjoyed 99.9% of the game, and that's all there is to it.  The ending failed me, and I'm trying very hard not to let it taint the rest of the series for me.







No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...