Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Not Quite Speechless

In the words of QC...What the hell ass balls?

I would say that it's not often that I talk about politics, religion, or anything that I read in mainstream media.  Honestly, I avoid doing that, because I never see the point.  Politicians are corrupt, religion causes violence and hatred, and the media is biased.  Period.  So what is there really to discuss?

I need to make an exception today, though.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/12/whats-going-on-at-the-bachmann-clinic/#more-167117

I was sick to my stomach after I had finished reading this article.  I don't even know where to begin.

First of all, I guess I should point out why this is significant aside from its absurdity.  This woman is running for PRESIDENT.  If she makes it past the primaries...well I really don't know what I would do.  There's no way I want to live in a country where the people living in it support a person who thinks being gay is a psychological disorder capable of being cured by a miracle of their god.  It doesn't matter if it's mostly her husband running the place or not.  She's still part of it.

I suppose it just boggles my mind how these people can be so narrow minded. I get tired of people justifying their hate by hiding behind their god, whether he be real or imagined.  (Though if I had to take a guess, if there was some omnipotent being out there capable of casting judgement upon any living creature in existence, I seriously doubt he would give two shits if a guy liked another guy.)

The other main problem I have after reading this article is the quote of this nutcase's husband:

In an interview last year with the "Point of View" talk radio program, Bachmann was asked how parents should deal with a teenager who thinks he or she is gay."I think you clearly say 'what is the understanding of God's word on homosexuality,'" Bachmann said. "We have to understand barbarians need to be educated. They need to be disciplined and just because someone feels it or thinks it doesn't mean we're supposed to go down that road," he continued.



Er.  All right, look.  If you don't like someone's lifestyle, that's your prerogative.  But you have NO RIGHT to call someone a barbarian, or other such term, just because they don't share the same ideals as you.  News Flash, you slim-minded asshat:  The middle ages ended around 1500 A.D.  Perhaps I could buy you a calendar?

I was chuckling to myself a little bit ago, because I thought about how funny it would be if every gay and lesbian in America sued him for defamation.  That would be so brilliant.

And don't even get me started on the line about discipline.  One of the definitions of discipline:  To punish or penalize in order to train and control.

I don't even need to explain how laughable that is.

Sigh.  I suppose, at the end of all of this, I'm angry that there are so many people out there who are willing to discriminate against total strangers, people they don't even know, simply because they THINK a book written thousands of years ago tells them so.  

If these people are so righteous, so pious, and doing only what their god wants them to do so that they will enter heaven...well, then I want no part of heaven.

Fortunately, I'm also intelligent enough to realize that these radical conservative nitwits make up only a small percentage of the population.  That's really the only thing that prevents me from outright despising all forms of religion.  Sometimes, though, especially when reading something like this, it's pretty damned hard to look at the human race with any kind of positive feelings.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...