Thursday, July 21, 2011

I sense something...a presence I have not felt since...

Today, Star Wars: The Old Republic went on sale for pre-order.  I'm using the word "sale" loosely, since it is usually used to describe a good price.  TOR is expensive.  The standard edition is the highest price a developer puts on a game at $60.  The digital deluxe edition is $80.  The collector's edition is $150.

I don't have a problem with any of that, but the Internet certainly does.  Oh my, the flame wars that have begun.  I feel like going home and putting on some Billy Joel after all the crap I've read today.

But, flame wars aside, this day is pretty damned important.  It's TOR, and you can BUY it.  For realz!  I've been waiting for this day for nearly five years now.  The release date is targeted for "Holiday 2011".  Still this year.  We could be playing TOR -THIS YEAR-.

At least if it sucks, I'll still have Tintin to look forward to this holiday season...

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...