Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Urban Dead

Well over a year or two ago, I found this low-tech zombie MMORPG called Urban Dead. It's a completely browser based, grid and text style game. Very primitive, but enjoyable nonetheless. The best part about it was that I could play it anywhere, even at work when I'm on break. I stopped playing it simply because I sort of got bored with it, but today I logged in for the first time in at least a year. Maybe longer.

Surprisingly, my character wasn't dead. I remember that I had last left myself in a very heavily barricaded building, but I assumed that zombies would have broken in at some point since I was in a rather sparsely populated area of the city. (This meaning that not many other players would have entered my building and reinforced the barricades that I had built to keep the zombies out.) My only guess is that perhaps long periods of inactivity cause my character to not show up to other players. I haven't checked on that.

In any case, I used my 50 daily actions and found that the game still holds some enjoyment for me. I'll probably start logging in daily again for a while. I still wish that someone would make a REAL zombie MMORPG, though.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...